Bula Bhattacharya was born in West Bengal,India in 1958. She graduated in Science from Delhi University in 1977 and in Art and Art Education from Jamia Millia Islamia Univ Delhi, India 1980.
- Triveni Gallery,New Delh, 1986 and 1992
- Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai, 1987, Birla Academy of Art and Culture Kolkata, 1995
- Academy of Fine Arts and Literature, New Delhi, 2002.
- “Galaxy of Print makers” Mumbai 1987
- “Edge of the Century”curated by Amit Mukhopadhya New Delhi,1999
- “Graphics - Today and Tomorrow”curated by Rattnottama Sengupta at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 2003
- “Returns to Roots”in M.F.Hussain Gallery,Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi, 2009
- “Room for Failure”curated by Meera Menezes,Gurgaon, India, 2013
- “Creating Impressions”by Gallery Art and Aesthetics, India Habitat Centre,New Delhi, 2016.
- Participated in International Art Triennale,Majdanek,Lublin,Poland,1994, International Art Triennale,Norway-1995
- International print Biennale,Bhopal, India,1995.
- Graphic Workshops organised by Lalit Kala Akademy India, Garhi studios-1984,1986, 1992, 2000.
- Painting Camp Organised by Xal Human Growth Cent, Goa,India 1986. International artist Workshop ‘KHOJ’ Modinagar,India-2000.
- Founder member of ‘Indian Printmakers Guild.’
- Working Group members of ‘Khoj International Artists’ Association,’ New Delhi from 2000 to 2005. Works and lives in NOIDA, U.P. India.